BOATS FOR SALE
To list your boat for sale, send details, photo, price and
location via email to: NSW Sharpie
All negotiations for Sharpies listed here are to be between
the seller and buyer. The Sharpie Associations takes no responsibility
for the condition of boats listed, or credibility of either the seller
or buyer. All boats are listed in good faith - buyer beware!
National Measurer - bought a Sharpie recently? Built yourself a new one? Get your details to Rob Turton, National Measurer, and he will send you out a Registration Certificate.
Page last updated: 17 May 2017
Quick links to listed boats for sale:
N757 - $1,200 - reduced!
V144 - $2,750 Completely restored!
N810 - $2,750 - SOLD (and staying in Canberra)
WA774 - $3,600 NEW RELEASE
V745 - $5,000
SA817 - SOLD!
Q882 - $12,500
WA911 - $13,000
SA915 - $15,000 ono
SA925 - SOLD!
Want a brand new sharpie? Talk to Snoady
Check out the Sails and spares for sale - use the links in the panel on the left.
Tim Haslegrove and SA Sharpies - It was a long time in the planning, but a partnership between the SA Association and Tim Haslegrove has put together a package of remarkable quality and plan to build two (2) new sharpies each year.
The boat pictured below (to be registered as No. 932) was just out of the mould and fitted with all the difficult to fit fittings, under the case, side stay and lower pulleys, front tank turning blocks, etc. when bought by Jason Heritage. It went on to win the 74th titles. The next is on its way and can be bought as a fully rigged sharpie with Dolly and Trailer, or there are options for various stages of completion...
Interested parties can contact SA President Snoady on mobile 0403 303 303
For Sale SA915 - Don't Poke the Bear
- Haselgrove Hull
- Seldon Epsilon mast
- Carbon Boom and Pole
- Seldon Aluminium Boom
- Haselgrove Foils and Rudder Box (new 2016)
- John Clifton sails + 2nd Spinnaker and Jib.
- Registered road trailer
- 2nd at Hobart Nationals
Tony Turton - 0407 077 899
SA925 - Under The Radar
Built by Tim Haselgrove.
- Registered road trailer with Binks top, bottom and rudder covers.
- Seldon Epsilon and Alto masts to choose from, both rigged.
- Carbon boom and spinnaker pole, aluminium boom and spinnaker pole.
- Haselgrove foils, YMS rudder stock.
- John Cliffton sails.
In excellent race condition, ready to go.
1) Sharpie Centreboard – With reinforced Carbon Fibre Strips
2) Sharpie Rudder
3) One Design Jib (brand new – old but never used)
Will sell the lot for $250.
Items are located in Mandurah, Western Australia
Please call Neville on 0411265567 if you have any questions.
Pussyfoot - completely restored!
The boat is ex Pussyfoot, V144 and has been completely restored to original condition
All sails are in good condition
- 2 jibs and Spinnaker
- sheets and halyards
Trailer completely rebuilt
This boat is at Newlands Arm, Victoria, on the Gippslánd Lakes near Paynesville.
Contact Margeret or Mike Fleming on 03 5156 7114, or via email
No Number but sailing with N810 sails. (Peter Chappells old boat "Cocktails at Six" N757 )
The hull has a core filled fibreglass floor and fibreglass sides and deck.
Boats comes with a cradle/dolly and storage trailer
Sails included 2 jibs, 2 mains and 1 full size spinnaker.
Hull is solid but needs some cosmetic work around centreboard case fairings.
Mast and boom are in good condition.
All fittings are still located on the hull, mast and boom.
Boat last raced March 2012.
Boat is located in Southern Sydney.
Contact: Peter Connor
(02) 9528 0471
M: 0411 324 543
Risky Business is for sale
WA 774 is reluctantly (very) on the market as apparently I have too many boats. Not sailed very extensively over the last few years, but has been well maintained and is always put away as if she were to be raced the next day. Arguably one of the best looking Sharpies around.
- Windrush Hull
- Licenced road trailer and aluminium beach trolley.
- Walker Jib and Kite in great knick, Sailmakers WA Main all as pictured.
- Training/club race jibs and a training kite.
- Everything works with a few surprises
0428 816 589
- Brand new Cliffo main and jib, and Walker kite
- Carbon fibre Boom, Proctor mast and ally kite pole
- Spent the winter at Hazelgroves for maintenance
- Numerous older sails.
- Aluminium jinker on steel road trailer with spare wheel attached
- Full covers, top and bottom
Loaded Dice WA 879 Formerly City Business College is up for grabs!
Originally Greg Allison built her with a heavy crew in mind, so a 17mm thick foam bottom was installed to provide a very stiff hull, as she still is today.
- Still has original mast, with boom and pole upgraded with Seldon Carbon (original ally boom and pole negotiable?)
- Three sets of sails in varying condition, Walker # 7 and # 8 main and Jibs, Ullman Dacron Main and Jib
- 3-4 Full size Kites, Walker mostly.
- Harken Ronstan fitout
- YMS rudder box
- Macca Carbon foils, I x spare rudder blade.
- All sitting on a custom ally dolly and Galv-Tube registered road trailer.
Any offers around $7.5k will be heard, so first in best dressed!
Freight over east can be arranged at buyers expense, but would love to see her stay in WA!!!
PM to - email@example.com or call Gordon McKercher on - 0417 911311
The Yellow Boat
(ex-McGees / Pi to Infinity / Byrne etc )
Custom build by Norman Wright & Sons
Sailed twice since placing 2nd to Mal Higgins' Blur in the 69th Nationals at RQYS. Has been stored in a locked shed.
- Brand new Qld registered Galvanised road trailer
- Stainless Steel launching trolley
- boat cover (for travelling and at regattas)
- Proctor mast (plus 3 spare)
- Proctor boom and pole (plus a spare of each)
- two centreboards and rudder blades
- 5 Irwin mains (one used only at RQYS Nat's)
- 4 spinnakers (including a Walker and Irwin new for RQYS Nat's)
- 6 jibs (including a Walker and Irwin new for RQYS Nat's)
- and box of spares/fittings
Ready to race. Boat has placed 2nd, 3rd, and a couple of other top 10's in previous Nationals. Current Measurement Certificate.
Current Victorian State Champion
Hazelgrove hull with J.L. Sly Timber deck, recently fully striped back and 2 pack sprayed, most beautiful timber deck going around.
- 2 Full sets of Irwin sails, 1 set has minimal use. Other sails also
- Spunspar boom
- Top cover
- Beach trolley and Road trailer
Very fast with all bells and whistles, has won the last 3 Vic State titles. Ready to race
Contact Jon 0409 051 724
- Windrush Hull,
- Foam / ply deck, good fit out
- A1 foils and box
- Acrylic boat cover
- S.S. Dolly
- Steel road trailer
- Proctor mast "Alto"
- Hill Sails – 2 mains, 2 jibs, 2 Kites,
Contact: Graham Hill 0417 963 844